Health Insurance for all.
The intent of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is to expand health insurance coverage to all Americans. Some benefits of the new law are to improve the quality of the existing coverage; lower health care costs; expand Medicaid coverage; create new health insurance Marketplaces where individuals and small businesses can shop for and enroll in private coverage; prohibit insurance companies from denying, cancelling or charging more for insurance policies because a person is sick or has a pre-existing health condition; and strengthen Medicare.
The Department of Insurance has put together the following information and links so you can learn more about how the ACA will benefit you and your family:
What is Choose Health Delaware? It's your official resource for finding out how the new healthcare reform law can benefit you as a Delaware resident or business owner. Choose Health Delaware will also introduce you to the new Health Insurance Marketplace and explain why health insurance is important for everyone.
- Special Enrollment Periods for complex issues
- Getting health coverage outside Open Enrollment
- 2015 Delaware Qualified Health Plans - Individual and Small Group Market Overviews
- Certified Producers for the Marketplace
- Certified Web Brokers for the Marketplace
- Medical Plan Rates for all ages with Plan ID and Plan Names -- Individual
- Medical Plan Rates for all ages with Plan ID and Plan Names -- SHOP
- Stand-Alone Dental Plan Rates -- Individual
- Stand-Alone Dental Plan Rates -- SHOP
- Scammers Take Advantage of Health Reform - Commissioner Karen Weldin Stewart Warns Delawareans To Be On Alert.
- www.healthcare.gov - A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Information on this site includes: Finding Insurance Options, Preparing for the Health Insurance Marketplace, Health Insurance Basics, The Health Care Law & You and Prevention, Wellness & Comparing Providers.
- www.dol.gov - The Employee Benefits Security Administration is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor whose mission is “to assure the security of the retirement, health and other workplace related benefits of America's workers and their families.” On this website you will find many topics relating to the Affordable Care Act regulations and guidance.
- www.medicaid.gov - A federal government managed website by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. For those who are receiving Medicaid, this website provides information on how the Affordable Care Act expands coverage.
- www.hhs.gov - The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office of Population Affairs is dedicated to family planning and related preventive services.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation - The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation is “a non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.” This website features a Health Insurance Subsidy Calculator, a health reform quiz and answers to common health reform questions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) - CMS administers the Medicare and Medicaid programs, which provide health care to almost one in every three Americans. CMS also administers the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
PLEASE NOTE All questions regarding taxes and fees related to the ACA should be directed to a qualified tax professional. The Delaware Department of Insurance cannot give advice on tax-related issues.
- ACA Tax Provisions: IRS.gov
- Fees & exemptions overview: Healthcare.gov