Did you know that your major medical health insurance policy should cover certain childhood services?
What is covered under your health insurance plan?
Under the Delaware Title 18 Insurance code the below services must be available to all children insured under a major medical health insurance policy issued in the state.
- Autism Screening - 18 months and 24 months
- CA125 Ovarian Cancer Screening
- Hearing Aid Coverage - $1000.00 per Hearing Aid per ear every 3 years for covered dependents less than 24 years of age
- Immunizations covered at 100% - Birth to age 18
- Lead Poisoning Screening - 12 months - 6 years
- Newborn and Infant Hearing Screening - Birth - Discharge
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Services
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) and Other Inherited Metabolic Diseases
- Screenings of Infants and Toddlers for Developmental Delays - Ages 9 months, 18 months, 30 months
For a more detailed listing of these services, please see our poster (PDF).
Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act requires the same State coverage as well as the below coverage:
To view/print a poster (PDF) listing the services covered under the Affordable Care Act and state mandates, click here.
The Delaware Division of Public Health has a “Vaccines for Children Program” program which helps families by providing FREE VACCINES to eligible children through enrolled doctors. Visit their website for more information.
You can contact the office of Insurance Commissioner Karen Weldin-Stewart, CIR-ML, in state toll free (800) 282-8611 or (302) 674-7310.