- Contact Us
- Medicare C&D
- What's New
The Delaware Medicare Assistance Bureau (DMAB), formerly known as ELDERinfo, provides free health insurance counseling for people with Medicare, including those under 65 years of age. You can call DMAB at 1-800-336-9500 or (302) 674-7364 to set up a free counseling session with a trained volunteer at a convenient site near you. Our goal is to empower people with Medicare to better understand their options and enable them to make the best health insurance decision for themselves.
DMAB provides counseling and assistance on questions and problems related to Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap (Medicare supplemental insurance), Medicare Part D, long-term care insurance and other types of health insurance. There is no charge for the service.
Counselors provide in-person and telephone assistance in the following general areas:
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Program (Medicare Part D)
- Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap Plans)
- Assistance for disabled Medicare beneficiaries (under age 65)
- Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs, preferred provider organizations)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Medical Assistance programs
- Assistance for low-income beneficiaries
- Billing problems
- Volunteer counselor opportunities
- Prescription Savings for those who qualify
- Free community presentations and more
Counselors with DMAB are volunteers who have completed extensive training on health insurance. Counselors provide one-on-one assistance in an objective and confidential manner. To become a DMAB volunteer and help other Medicare beneficiaries understand their health insurance options, please call 1-800-336-9500 or (302) 674-7364.
The Delaware Medicare Assistance Bureau (DMAB) is Delaware's State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) and is funded in part by a grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap):
SB42 and What it Means for Disabled Medicare Recipients Under Age 65
Senate Bill 42 (SB 42) requires insurance companies that offer Medigap (Medicare supplemental insurance) policies to people 65 and older to also offer the same policies to anyone under the age of 65 who qualifies for Medicare due to a disability. Newly enrolled Medicare recipients under 65 have six months to purchase one of these plans, from the time benefits begin. Anyone with questions about Medigap plans should call DMAB/Delaware SHIP at 800-336-9500 for assistance.
Medicare Prescription Drug Benefits:
What's New In Medicare:
As of Wednesday, May 25, 2016, no new available. Please check back again.
Links To Other Helpful Websites:
2015 Medicare & You English / PDF
Medicare y Usted 2015 Español / PDF
- Guide to Services for Older Delawareans and Persons with Disabilities English / PDF
- Guía de Servicios Para Personas Mayores en Delaware y Personas con Impedimentos Español / PDF
- Services and programs operated or funded by DSAAPD